Movie review - Love Aaj Kal 2

Find new releases, discuss them, and watch trailers

TarunJ

Movie review - Love Aaj Kal 2

Post by TarunJ »

Lockdown Movie Review:

P.S. I will be honest that I love Imtiaz Ali and it might sound like a biased review but it is an honest one.  And I love him more after this film because all I look for is right soul in the film.

Starting with the technical aspects -Writing and characterisations of the lead cast are so detailed. Zoe and Leena are strong females who don't hide their physical attractions and who are head strong. Not typical Indian film heroines. While both Kartik's characters have stronger backstories to show why he is that complicated.

Cinematography wise one of the most colourfully shot films and so soothing to eyes that every frame can be paused and stared..specially the last frame in the hills and music adds every bit to the beauty and feel.

The only thing which I felt didn't work was Sara Ali khans performance. Despite being such a great character there was something missing.

But when you are looking for the magic of Imtiaz Ali, it  was there. The vulnerability of characters, the small moments in the train or on the roof, the cuddles..the intimacy.. which makes you fall in love with his master craft..

Go watch it for this director but don't go expecting an old Love Aaj Kal or Jab We Met. Just go with an eye for detailing and moments and Ali's honest efforts for his films

Return to “New Film Releases”