Need help determining if my old speakers are safe to use with my 'new' receiver.

All discussions related to sound, sync-sound, audiographers and equipment etc.

UsherBhai

Need help determining if my old speakers are safe to use with my 'new' receiver.

Post by UsherBhai »

Recently picked up a Sony dz710 for next to nothing. Speakers work but I think the ones from my Onkyo HT r390 sounded better. I'm wondering if it's safe to hook them up to this receiver, including the passive sub. have not been able to find specifications for the speakers themselves but the Onkyo receiver was rated at 6 ohms impedance in the Sony is rated at 4 ohms. There's more watts per channel coming from the Sony as well. Just curious if it would be safe for the receiver and the speakers to use the Onkyos. I'm not sure what I would check to verify this. Thanks in advance.

UsherBhai

Post by UsherBhai »

On 4/6/2019 at 4:49 PM, UsherBhai said:

Recently picked up a Sony dz710 for next to nothing. Speakers work but I think the ones from my Onkyo HT r390 sounded better. I'm wondering if it's safe to hook them up to this receiver, including the passive sub. have not been able to find specifications for the speakers themselves but the Onkyo receiver was rated at 6 ohms impedance in the Sony is rated at 4 ohms. There's more watts per channel coming from the Sony as well. Just curious if it would be safe for the receiver and the speakers to use the Onkyos. I'm not sure what I would check to verify this. Thanks in advance

my issue has been solved!!

Team

Re: Need help determining if my old speakers are safe to use with my 'new' receiver.

Post by Team »

Hi! Would love to know your solution...

The DesiShoots Support & Editorial Team

Return to “Audiography”