Cooke Varotal iFF Lenses

All discussions related to Cinematography, camera crew, cameras, rigs, grips, lights and other equipment and issues related to the Camera Department.

Team

Cooke Varotal iFF Lenses

Post by Team »

Varotal/i FF
Uncompromised zoom lenses with The Cooke Look™
Focal length range: 19-40mm, 30-95mm, 85-215mm
Format: Full Frame
Mount: PL
Speed: T2.9

The original Cooke Varotal (1971) was the first zoom lens designed for professional motion picture photography. The Varotal/i FF series is a completely new design which offers outstanding optical performance with an almost total absence of breathing, chromatic aberration and distortion.

The Varotal/i FF series offers focal length coverage from 19mm to 215mm, giving cinematographers huge flexibility from three lenses. Matched to S7/i FF and S8/i FF at T2.8, Varotal can augment Cooke primes as part of a lens system, achieving the beautiful, classical skin tones that characterise our now legendary look.

Varotal/i FF removes the compromise that has been associated with zoom lenses. For observational documentary, live broadcast, efficiency or just style, they offer imaging performance commensurate with prime lenses. Varotal/i extends the photographic possibilities that Cooke offers cinematographers.

Varotal/i offers striking levels of detail for 8k resolution and beyond. All three lenses feature a constant T2.9 aperture speed at all focal lengths, ensuring consistent results and creative control. A scratch resistant PTFE hard anodised finish is provided on all Cooke lenses, ensuring a durable, hard-wearing surface to meet the most demanding environmental conditions. Designed from the ground up to incorporate Cooke intelligent /i technology, which includes /i data focus, iris and zoom position, /i motion inertial data and /i maps, our factory calibrated shading and distortion data. They also benefit from a high degree of modularity, which increases reliability and reduces servicing time.

Attachments
VAROTAL_01_HERO_4x3_1700x1276-800x600.jpg
VAROTAL_01_HERO_4x3_1700x1276-800x600.jpg (41.54 KiB) Viewed 1066 times

The DesiShoots Support & Editorial Team

Return to “Cinematography”